
That's a line we (mostly Zach and I) use around here when we are feeling a bit sassy and pleasantly rebellious. The reality is, most of the time I feel like I am catering to everyone else...putting their needs in front of my own. Daily I am checking and re-checking my personal boundaries. Jenni sez to stop thinking about boundaries and just do what you feel is right. What I feel is "right" right now is napping more. I DO feel like what I am doing everyday, as exhausting as it is, IS the RIGHT stuff to be doing.
Yesterday, coming home from driving and caring for others, I felt relieved to know that making supper and cleaning up around here was all that the evening held. But, that wasn't to be...one person in my care had developed a nasty swollen abcess and needed to be taken to the ER. So, off I was "on the road again." Back to the boundary issue - I was doing the right thing, but I was also feeling terribly tired, hungry and irritated.
Walking through the aisles in HyVee while a prescription was being filled, a thought crossed my mind. Maybe I just don't want to do this anymore, that is, daily help the one that He puts in front of me. What a blessing to hear a soft voice of truth, "Do not be weary in well-doing... It's okay to be weary, just don't give up on doing what I have called you to do." Thanks, God for giving me confirmation that my boundaries are in place and that how I feel physically and emotionally are not always indicators of living well...of walking in truth...of doing what I have been created to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment