Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Our annual Christmas tree hunt

Off to Handley's Tree Farm we go!!



Amy attempts to step on their future...poor 'ba-beeess'

Zach and Luke share a moment together, and Josh looks too cute in his camo hunting pants.

With camera in-hand wherever she goes, digital photography student, Jenni captures moments.
Luke evaluates the merits of "soft-bristled" branches.

The Lobb annual Christmas tree hunt is always a contest and debate. The guys won out this year - a chubby blue spruce with sharp needles graces our home.

With tree-hunting conquered, Amy, Jenni, Luke and Zach head out to load 'er up.

Always one to obey the rules, Zach decides it would be prudent to fake-smoke a stick instead....

Jenn decorated the tree with her ballet and dance ornaments.

After debating 'whose ornaments are whose,' the guys hang their own collection of ornaments on the tree. In the past, we have had a tree in the family room downstairs where the kids would decorate the tree with ornaments they've received yearly. And then I would decorate a "pretty" tree (with the help of anyone who wanted to join me) in the living room upstairs. I love the kid's ornament tree upstairs this year! It's so homey...and Christmas tunes are in the air at our house!

1 comment:

Lynn V. Jones said...

It was good to see pictures from your Thanksgiving and the hunt for the perfect Christmas tree :-) I was in Iowa Wednesday night-Sunday afternoon and the time was full. Lots of family, college friends, etc. etc. We will definitely have to get together when I am home for Christmas (Dec. 19-27) I can't wait to tell you about all that God has been doing in my life out here. I miss you. Love always,
Lynn