I took this pic of Zach with Amy and her brother, Eric, the first day of school. They picked him up on their way. And they actually got out of the car to let me do my "annoying mom" photo-op. The first week I picked up Amy and Zach for our lunch escape, I said "We're goin' to the Eric Cafe." Uh, okay mom, whatever that is. Yup, the Redhead restaurant.Zach and I headed to the Redhead for our weekly lunch outing today. He was so goofy, and I laughed so much. I guess it was "official old folks day" cuz only people my age and older ate at the Redhead while we were there. But I acted like a freshman, no wait...actually a junior. And halfway through our meal we noticed that all the lunchers were on the opposite side of the room as us. They would come and go ... and only sit on the east side. Kinda odd...
OH! The exciting news! Zach received his food on the Kentucky state plate. I just had a boring white plate with a cranberry red stripe around the edge. But then I love red, so I didn't totally feel jipped. He ordered the Elk burger and of course, regular and sweet potato fries. I had a cup of chicken and mushroom soup, fries and we both had hot tea. I tried their pomegrante pizzaz, which was quite good... and Zach tried the cinnamon apple, tasty as well.
Okay
Later, while waiting for our shared dessert to arrive, Zach had a stare-down with the honey bear, and of course, he owned, when Mr. Bear turned his head ever so quickly to check out a handsome "older" couple entering the restaurant.
The bread pudding we shared was delicious...raisins, a wonderful caramelly sauce and homemade whipped cream and cinnamon
on top. We missed our side-kick, Amy very much!!!! I kept calling her on her cell, and leaving annoying messages. But then, she's used to that. You BETTER be there next week Amy! Or else! Or else...we will have to come drag you outta the lunch room and it won't be pretty.
on top. We missed our side-kick, Amy very much!!!! I kept calling her on her cell, and leaving annoying messages. But then, she's used to that. You BETTER be there next week Amy! Or else! Or else...we will have to come drag you outta the lunch room and it won't be pretty.Speaking of pretty...aren't they!? Won't be long and my "prettys" will be together again hangin' out and laughing. Can't wait.
Wellllll...after lunch Zach had an orthodontics appointment cuz a wire came
loose and has been poking him terribly. I tried to clip it last nite with nail clippers and beading wire cutters with no success. The receptionist told us to have a seat when we checked in at her desk. After waiting at least 45 minutes, I decided to see when we would get in. She said, "well, I called your name at 1:00." That woulda been 10 minutes after we arrived. I then went bizerk and left the reception area to go back to see the orthodontics assistant anyway. Yeah, I was mad and they could tell. We never heard Zach's name called, and I'm thinking it never was. So yeah, that was a good time for Zach.
loose and has been poking him terribly. I tried to clip it last nite with nail clippers and beading wire cutters with no success. The receptionist told us to have a seat when we checked in at her desk. After waiting at least 45 minutes, I decided to see when we would get in. She said, "well, I called your name at 1:00." That woulda been 10 minutes after we arrived. I then went bizerk and left the reception area to go back to see the orthodontics assistant anyway. Yeah, I was mad and they could tell. We never heard Zach's name called, and I'm thinking it never was. So yeah, that was a good time for Zach. We were determined to make the most of our afternoon anyway!!! So off to the mall we headed. Neither one of us are crazy about shopping, let alone clothes shopping, and for a minute I thought I had totally lost Zach when I was checking out shoes and other cool stuff at Hot Topic. Apparently, he "hates" that store. It's not that I love it, but it does have
interesting items you don't find elsewhere, like cool buttons - you know the kind you pin on your purse or bag or hat or whatever you like to pin them on. After several shoe shops, I was ready to call it quits. He just didn't want to buy a thing. But then we decided to head to Target. I know that nobody is reading this, so I'm just gonna rattle on, because I CAN! Now whenever I take a picture, Zach sez "oh...let's go blog...it's all about the blog...I see how it is...."
interesting items you don't find elsewhere, like cool buttons - you know the kind you pin on your purse or bag or hat or whatever you like to pin them on. After several shoe shops, I was ready to call it quits. He just didn't want to buy a thing. But then we decided to head to Target. I know that nobody is reading this, so I'm just gonna rattle on, because I CAN! Now whenever I take a picture, Zach sez "oh...let's go blog...it's all about the blog...I see how it is...."Anyhoo...Target it was. And that wasn't trippin' Zach's trigger either. But after I picked up some whitey tighties for him, he suddenly got in the mood. To shop, that is. hee,hee,hee. And we ended up buying him a hoodie (front zip), sweatpants, 2 longsleeve longunderwear type shirts, 1 cool tshirt, a pair of jeans, a black belt and boxers! Nice.
That reminds me. I asked Zach to put my debit card back in my wallet for me at the restaurant. He did, and also took all my other cards, including my drivers license, and slipped them in his pocket without me noticing. Then he was off in goofy-land, pretending he had trading cards and "would I like to trade with him?" And..."what a disgrace...I was carrying the mark of the beast"....and "anything this convenient to use HAS to be of the devil..." Yeah, I was laughing like crazy. It's that mildly-fake-mentally-challenged" voice that cracks me up. Well--that's all for today's adventures. Good nite dear ones!
1 comment:
hey mom!! im really sorry that i didn't come i wanted to but i completly forgot! im so sorry!! i ate a crappy school food once again and wanted to puke it back up....YUCK! sounds like you had fun anyways! My phone was off so i couldn't hear it! i love you lots and im sorry again! next wed? possibly? no wait no possiblities we WILL come together to eat lunch!!
Post a Comment