Tuesday, October 31, 2006

God encounters=hunger & sacrifice


"The Primary Factor dictating our level of encounter with God is the measure of our hunger and sacrifice" A.W. Tozer
For some time now I have been desiring to walk close enuf with God that I would hear His soft, gentle voice speak. Not sure what I want to hear. At times I do direct specific questions to Him. On rare occasions, after much seeking, pleading and desperation, have I received a word or sentence from Him. But I want to hear Him more. Is that unrealistic? What does it take daily to be in this kind of communion? I think I know that answer. Okay, so if the "primary factor" dictating my level of God encounters is hunger and sacrifice...what does that look like? I do hunger. But do I "feed" that hunger more of the time with other distractions, and less with "God-moments?" And what kind of sacrifice is Tozer talking about? Financial? Physical? What are other ways to "sacrifice?" God, do you have any answers to these questions for me?

No comments: