Thursday, March 06, 2008

homeless and hurting


I'm out on a limb helping my friend, Diane with what we call, project V. A 20 year old woman landed in the psych ward last week and is now in, what we politely call "transition." So, we are opening our home to her for a little while. Both Diane and I are passionate about helping women who are struggling to find their way (especially without the support of family.)
But these days more than ever, we are both more apprehensive about the realities of caring for others in our homes. When I was thinking yesterday about how I didn't feel "at peace" with my decision. I remembered, these type of situations are not going to feel comfortable. There is not really anything peaceful about opening your heart and home to potential chaos and hurt. But that's okay. . . . I know it is the right thing to do. So, here I go.

No comments: