Monday, February 08, 2010

redemptive love's deep reservoir


This past weekend I met a woman who has had a tremendous amount of pain in her life. She is an inspiration to me, but also a stark reminder of my own journey. I am also thanking God for his redemptive power and faithful promises to me. The family he blessed me with in many ways gave me the momentum, the motivation and the courage to walk through the deep waters that led me to where I am today. This new friend has less to spur her on. But I know that I am to be in her life at this time for a reason. I pray for wisdom.

Once again I am reminded of God's sovereignty. He created me. He knew me before I was born. He had a plan for my life. And I can trust him with all the painful situations that He allowed to enter my life, because He knew what it would take for me to bring the greatest glory to Himself through my life. So let it continue, Lord. Use me...continue to redeem what the locust have eaten in my life. Give it purpose. I thank you once again. Please do this for my new hurting friend...soon. She needs your healing grace so very much.

Joel 2:25

"I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten. . ."

No comments: