Sunday, February 14, 2010

Motherhood is like peeing yourself...



I turned 52 this weekend. Yay! The bunting was Jenni's gift to me. Making buntings is her latest creative craftiness.

Today my precious family gifted me with a funny tee-shirt. It was my dear husband's idea. My son, the writer, wrote the saying on the back in honor of my struggles at walking and laughing at the same time.




What a perfect weekend. All my kids were home for my birthday on Saturday and they had their significant others with them. I was soooo blessed. They cooked and cleaned! Jenni planned a special tea party. Beautiful dishes, white tablecloth, teapots, lemon poppy seed muffins, fresh fruit, cucumber and radish little pumpernickel sandwiches and gifts galore. I seriously can't remember when I had such a fun birthday!!




Jenni and Learning baked a Mint Brownie Torte in a skillet. It was so delicious! And, of course, we had Mark's superb homemade vanilla ice cream.


Learning, Jenni's beau, took Mark and I out to breakfast Saturday morning and asked for our permission and blessing on their decision to be life-partners. Then later, we went to look at rings in town. When Mark gave me a new ring and diamond a few years ago, we had my original diamond put into a pendant and gave it to Jenni on her 16th birthday. She plans to use that diamond and found a sweet little setting for it. Now to set a date.

1 comment:

wdewaard said...

Wow Congrats to Jenni and Learning! How exciting for them and your family.
Its expanding!